Meatloaf

I was not a big fan of meatloaf as a kid but this meatloaf recipe will make a believer out of anyone.  It's easy to make and always turns out well.  I like to cook mine in a stoneware Pampered Chef loaf pan but a metal one will work well too.  I like to serve this with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.

1 lb ground beef (I use 96/4)
1 lb ground sausage (I use regular Jimmy Dean)
1 egg
1/2 of one onion, diced (I use yellow)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
15 crumbled soda (saltine) crackers

Wear latex free gloves and mix together all the ingredients with your hands in a large bowl.  Smash the mixture down in a standard size loaf pan.  Squeeze ketchup and mustard generously over the top and mix the mustard and ketchup carefully together with a spoon or fork so it acts as a sauce for the top of the meatloaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes.

Enjoy! -S




No comments:

Post a Comment