GRANDMA'S 30 DAY MUFFINS

2 cups boiling water
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
5 cups flour
5 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups All-Bran Cereal
2 cups sugar
1 quart buttermilk
1 Tablespoon salt
4 cups Bran Flakes cereal

Pour boiling water over All-Bran and set aside to cool. In large mixing bowl cream vegetable oil and sugar; add eggs and blend. Stir in buttermilk alternating with dry ingredients, then bran mixture and flakes. Bake in ½ full muffin tins at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Batter may be stored in airtight container for up to one month in refrigerator.

Again... This is total comfort food for me and a staple of my growing up years. (I had a migraine today so I think I'm in a comfort food kinda mood today.) I still make this all the time. Kids and adults alike love them. Since the batter lasts you can cook up a fresh batch for breakfast very easily. Slice in half while piping hot and serve with butter and an assortment of jams.

Enjoy! -S

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is life!! I LOVE these muffins. But beware-- they're addicting. :)

    ReplyDelete